Tuesday, May 7, 2013
11 Tips To Prepare For Your Video Appearance
You’re a corporate executive, senior partner, small business owner, or an expert advisor scheduled to be interviewed for a short introductory video to be viewed on your web site and on a monitor in your reception area.
How should you prepare for your appearance?
Here are some simple and effective tips:
Before The Camera Rolls
1. Get a good night’s sleep so your face and voice are well rested.
2. Minimize your caffeine intake so you don’t ramble.
3. Drink plenty of water to avoid dry mouth or a scratchy throat.
4. Relax. Deep breathing, soothing music, and happy memories can help.
5. Dress comfortably to avoid looking and sounding constrained.
6. Dress how you normally would when meeting clients or customers.
7. Wear solid, dark, neutral colors to keep the focus on your face.
When The Camera Rolls
8. Don’t rush. Think first and speak in a normal, clear pace.
9. Use complete sentences.
10. Minimize the use of technical terms or industry jargon.
11. Always maintain eye contact with the interviewer if present, or the camera.
These simple tips will help you make the best possible impression on your audience by conveying competence, likeability, and trust which will result in new business.
No time? No resources? Not sure where to start?
Call Jeff at 888-712-8211 today!
VMakers - Create, manage, and market your videos easily.
Trusted by Disney, Warner Bros, NBC, Paramount, CBS and ABC.info@VMakers.com