Nevertheless, YouTube is one of the top 5 platforms in use this year, ahead of Google+ (42%) and Pinterest (41%), but remaining behind the ubiquitous Facebook (92%), as well as Twitter (80%), LinkedIn (70%), and blogging (70%).
After YouTube (and keeping in mind that expected activity doesn’t necessarily translate to real behavior), a significant proportion of marketers plan to increase their Facebook (66%), blogging (66%), LinkedIn (65%) and Twitter (64%) activities. Blogging and LinkedIn are particularly in favor among B2B respondents, with 71% and 78%, respectively, planning to increase their activities on these platforms.
Interestingly, the report notes that while only 5% of marketers are currently using podcasting, 24% plan to increase their efforts in this area this year.
The study also reveals some other interesting tidbits about which platforms are – and are not – in vogue among marketers:
- Use of social bookmarking sites has plummeted from 26% of respondents in 2011 to just 10% this year;
- Forums (24% in 2011; 16% this year) and geo-location services such as Foursquare (17% in 2011; 11% this year) are also in decline;
- Respondents with more than 5 years of experience are far more likely to use LinkedIn than the average respondent (92% vs. 70%);
- Marketers spending more than 40 hours a week on social media are more heavily focused on Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube than those spending less than 6 hours a week on social media marketing;
- B2C marketers have adopted Facebook at a greater rate than B2B marketers, while the opposite is true when it comes to LinkedIn;
- Although Facebook is the most important social platform to a strong majority (67%) of B2C marketers, Facebook and LinkedIn are tied among B2B marketers, at 29% each;
- 67% of marketers plan to increase their Twitter activities, but that’s down from 69% last year and 73% in 2011;
- Younger marketers are much more likely to use photo sharing sites such as Instagram than their older counterparts; and
- 80% of marketers have no plans to daily deal sites, such as Groupon or LivingSocial, in the near future.
No time? No resources? Not sure where to start?
Call Jeff at 888-712-8211 today!
VMakers - Video simplified.
Trusted by Disney, Warner Bros, NBC, Paramount, CBS and ABC.info@VMakers.com